giovedì 19 dicembre 2013

Generation 01: Chapter One

Miranda has always being rebellious, she left home still a teenager to join a protesting group on animal rights. She used to work as a freelance programmer but it wasn't interesting enough for her.
One day her group dissolved and she was left alone, they used to support eachother but they were all going their separate ways now. Then she got a call from home one day, it was a lawyer telling her her parents had died and asking if she wanted to live in the house. If she didn't then the house would be put up for auction along with the animals.
She didn't wanted to come back home but she had nowhere else to go and she couldn't let them just sold the animals with the house... before she even realized she had a train ticket in hand and she was heading back home.

 
Keeping a farm costs so she will need to find a job. She doesn't want one of those boring jobs where you only sit on a chair all day, she wants something more dynamic. She decided to write an ad and put it in the local library, offering help with general issues and computer problems. The first person to call is a young woman, obviously pregnant, worried that her boyfriend won't marry her. 

"This would be our second child already and he didn't mention anything about marriage" Said Ava in a worried tone.

Looks like an easy enough job, she'll only need to follow him a bit and maybe read his mail, sounds fun.


After some hours of flipping through the boyfriend's mail and checking his trash she didn't find much. Looks like he's just a bit confused, maybe he has commitment issues, Ava does seem to be a bit difficult. Miranda can only tell her to calm down and wait. Ava didn't take the news too bad.

During her freetime she likes to take her horse to the equestrian center to keep him in shape.



To feel less lonely in that big house she also took in two cats: Maya...


and Jack.


She soon got a new job by a woman called Amaya McCullough.
"Please not another boyfriend problem, I'm tired of it already!" Thought Miranda by herself.
Turned out Amaya is happily married and currently expecting her second child so she couldn't be asking that, though her problem seems to be related.
"I lost my wedding ring" She said. 
"Do you remember where you've seen it last?"


So Miranda starts her investigation first asking around town then looking for it herself, wearing her favourite pink coat and with her magnifying glass on hand. It's freezing cold outside, it's snowing and her breath comes out in white puffs clouding her glass, but Miranda is determined to solve this case.


She also sneak around and look for evidence with her new fingerprint kit.


Miranda found the ring hidden in Amaya's house, that's odd, she quickly went back to her and told her the good news.
"Thank you for finding my ring!" Said glad Amaya.
"It wasn't too hard, oh and congratulations I've heard you had quadruplets!"
"Yes, now we have four new girls in the house. It's a joy but it's also going to be hard"

This was her first important case she got a prize from the town's city hall, an official position with a weekly salary and an office all for herself. It was time to celebrate, she decided to get a tattoo so she'll remember it for the rest of her life.





And this is the end of the first chapter, it's just an introduction basically, what do you think of it so far? ^_^ I wrote a lot more than usual and it actually make sense XD comments are very appreciated!

Author's notes

  • Ava is a sim I created along with her boyfriend, they were supposed to be married but I must have made a mistake since they're not. They're basically just a family oriented couple I'm pushing to have a lot of children, so I will have some good looking neighbours later on. :) There's a bunch of other families like this you may or may not see in later chapters.
  • The neighbourhood I'm playing in is "Winchester Farming Community" from "My Sim Realty". I love this neighbourhood, it's the perfect size (Small map, I can see everything in just one look and it doesn't slow down my game too much) and it has everything up to Supernatural! All the lots you'll see are premade, I've tweaked little things here and there but if I'll chose to do major changes I'll probably add it to the storyline.
  • This small chapter is played through a full season change, it started in summer and ended in spring. That's because I was trying to build up relationships, keeping up with her pets and getting her to advance in her job then I also had to make her pursue a hobby and get tattoed regularly but for the storyline I like to pretend she got there in late autumn.
  • Miranda already had her tattoo in the second screenshot, I admit I have mixed some of the pictures cause I thought it flowed better like this.
  • I shouldn't have made her start with that many pets, especially not a horse! She got them taken away two times (And I quit the game without saving). I really wanted to play a horse because I never did before, I've even made horseriding her hobby.
  • I actually made her move out using cheats once because there was a glitch in the house, and also because I needed a bigger house for the story and it was occupied at the time. When I did she lost the progress in the job she was doing and also everything she had in her family's inventory... so I had to do a bit of mix and match with her case.
  • Amaya really did have quadruplets XD and she's not the only one in the neighbourhood.

3 commenti:

  1. I love Miranda's looks, her hair and makeup look brilliant on her.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Great start! I love Winchester too, I have a story (non-legacy) set there, so I don't play it properly but I like that any lot I need is already there and done to an excellent standard!

    Oh dear! Seems your town has a multiples curse!! Be careful with that, my sims have had that curse since generations, but thankfully no quads yet. Looking forward to more, and hope you're not hit with quads, ugh! :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Actually I may have made them watch kids tv on purpose, I just didn't know they would keep watching and gets quads ^^''
      The neighbourhood starts as empty so I wanted to populate it quickly and I didn't know how the story progression hack worked... now I've figured that out and it no longer generate townies with the same face so I shouldn't need to push them anymore.

      Elimina